I'm opening this thread to investigate a crash that i think it's happening to some people.
The problem is a general "interface lost" error, and in "%APPDATA%/vmp_gui.log" the last line of the log shows an exception at address 0x00627180, that is in the fallout3.exe address space.
The offending line is this:
This is lead by this:Code :00627180 mov edx,dword ptr [eax]
Eax is 0.Code :0062715E mov ecx,dword ptr ds:[108F048h] 00627164 fstp dword ptr [esp+58h] 00627168 mov dword ptr [esp+48h],ebx 0062716C fld1 0062716E mov dword ptr [esp+4Ch],ebx 00627172 fstp dword ptr [esp+5Ch] 00627176 mov eax,dword ptr [ecx] 00627178 mov edx,dword ptr [eax+0CCh] 0062717E call edx 00627180 mov edx,dword ptr [eax]
To investigate this crash, i made a new vaultgui.dll that creates a dmp file where i can see stack trace and debug in visual studio (put it in the main fallout3 directory), and is downloadable here
Unfortunately i didn't reverse the part of f3 where it crashes as of now, but maybe someone else did so i'm posting here to talk to all the people that have this problem.
If you have the same problem, please post OS,graphic card, RAM and all the general specifications of your pc.