This site has been archived and made available for preservation purposes. No edits can be made.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fatal Error While Trying To Join Server.

Fatal Error While Trying To Join Server.

When i try and join my server i get a Fatal Error, the error says "Obtaining of all items of 17113600091709352 for RemoveAlltermsEx failed (Timeout of 5000 reached for future value retrieval)" Any Help Or Suggestions Welcome.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Can you try and change the "inittime" setting in vaultmp.ini to some higher value?

Quote Originally Posted by Recycler View Post
    Can you try and change the "inittime" setting in vaultmp.ini to some higher value?
    Would 10000 be enough? Or higher?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Just try - it depends on how long it takes for your game to spin up. Change the value and restart the vaultmp client and see if it works.

Just try - it depends on how long it takes for your game to spin up. Change the value and restart the vaultmp client and see if it works.
    OK thanks for being so helpful. Ill tell you what value i had to set it to when i get it working.

EDIT:

i had to set the value to 20000 but i have another problem, its just a visual bug but i have the "Please Stand By" thing that shows up when the game starts up across my screen, Also when i go off and go back on i start at the spawn with nothing that i had picked up, is this supposed to happen?
    Last edited by iiSNiPEzZxX; 08-29-2012 at 02:50 AM.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    You mean the "Please stand by" in the upper left corner? That's the chat GUI box (which you can resize with num- and num+). Also, if you die or disconnect / reconnect you will start from scratch with no items / skills. You can write a server script which saves your items / stats, though.

You mean the "Please stand by" in the upper left corner? That's the chat GUI box (which you can resize with num- and num+). Also, if you die or disconnect / reconnect you will start from scratch with no items / skills. You can write a server script which saves your items / stats, though.
    Oh,i didnt know it was the chatbox as i'm just getting the server right so me and my friend can play. Would the scrpt need to be C or C++?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    C, C++ or PAWN.

C, C++ or PAWN.
    OK, I'll give it a try and ill release it for other people to use if i do it.

I seem to get this problem every time I try to join my own server. I've set the inttime up to 100000 and I still get the error.